Learn how to dry orange slices in the oven for crafting and decorating.
I have dried orange slices for a number of decorative projects. They are very easy to create and cost little. I like them for fall and Christmas décor.
· Thick skinned oranges such as navel oranges
· Serrated or sharp knife
· Paper towels or absorbent kitchen towels
· Oven safe baking rack (optional)
1. Slice oranges with a knife about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Place them on kitchen towels or paper towels underneath and on top.
3. Press down gently on the towels and blot up as much excess liquid as you can.
4. Arrange the slices in a single layer directly on your oven racks or use an oven safe baking rack.
5. Bake at a low temperature of around 80 degrees for 4 hours, turning them over every hour.
6. Remove from the oven and let the oranges continue to dry out overnight.
The total amount of time it takes to dry the oranges depends on the fruit itself, the cut, and the heat/humidity in the oven and your home.